What do I need?
One of the best things about bouldering is how simple it is – no ropes or other baffling equipment required!
- Stretchy or loose fitting clothing so you can be bendy
- Water bottle (preferably not glass)
- Leave your rings at home if possible
- We have climbing shoes to rent that we recommend otherwise some comfy trainers/sneakers
What’s your chalk policy?
We are liquid chalk and chalk ball only to help sanitise your hands and keep the gym looking fresh.
Do I need to make a booking?
If you would like to bring in a large group (10+ people), please email [email protected] with the date, number of people and whether people have climbed with us before. This will help us get you on the wall as quick as possible.
Do you have training equipment?
Definitely! Free to use with entry but you must be over 16.
Between the gyms we have:
- Moonboard (Abbortsford and Brunswick)
- Fingerboards (all three)
- Weight lifting rack with barbells (Brunswick and Northcote)
- Benchpress (Brunswick)
- Dumbells (all three)
- Kettlebells (Brunswick and Northcote)
How are you managing Covid?
We want you to be happy and safe so we’ve implemented the following strategies:
- Enforcing physical distancing
- Regular contact surface cleaning
- Enforcing face wearing when people are not climbing
- Abiding by density limits
- Checking vaccination status
Can I Bring my kids?
Although we think it’s great that more and more kids are getting into climbing, our facilities have not been specifically designed with kids in mind. Bouldering is a challenging activity and the walls at our centre can be especially hard for smaller children to climb. A fall from the walls is larger for a smaller person and is therefore more dangerous the smaller a climber is.
Provided that the following rules are abided by, children are welcome to climb at our centres:
- Minors (children under 18 years of age) must be given appropriate supervision by a guardian while they are in our centres.
- Minors 15 years old or younger must be accompanied by a guardian on their first visit to our centres.
- Children 12 years old or under must be directly and actively supervised by one guardian per child and the supervising guardian must remain in the centre with the child at all times.
- Guardians must ensure the minors under their supervision are safe and follow the centre’s rules.
- Guardians must ensure the minors under their supervision only climb to a height on the wall that is safe for the child and that they and the child are comfortable with.
- We recommend children under 140cm tall only climb to a height where their hands are three quarters of the way up the wall.
- Guardians supervising any minors in our centres must be 18 years old or older.
If you are a guardian of a minor but will not be present when they visit then please go to this link to create an account for your child on our database.